Photography and Spirituality
It was these courses, the first I led, and which I have been running now for about 10 years that awakened me to creativity as a way towards better well being and of benefit to my physical and mental health. Until then I had a very limited view of what creativity was and certainly little knowledge of how it might benefit my spiritual life. In a Christian context it is often called Visio Divina, using images, taken with literally any type of camera to connect anew and afresh with our world in a spiritual way.
Course Content can include:
- New ways of seeing our world.
- Opening our minds to our own perceptions and how and what we photograph.
- Seeing the benefits of photograph as a spiritual discipline that also enhances our health and well being
- Unpacking how the 5 ways to well being fit with our faith ethos.
- Exploring where we are on our spiritual journey.
- Reflecting upon our experiences and images.
- Where appropriate, praying with our images.
- Please bring your own camera, whatever device you are used to…film camera, digital, tablet or phone.
- All courses, weather and mobility permitting, seek to use the outdoors so please bring suitable attire and footwear for the forecast. Courses will always be mindful of mobility considerations.
- Please bring your own lunch or refreshments unless otherwise stated. Tea and Coffee may be available dependent upon facilities.
Approx 6 hours (10 – 4pm)
12 in stock
(For larger groups within faith communities please contact me to discuss requirements.)
Cost for the day:
“Just to say a big thank you for all your effort on Saturday, I think we all learned the importance of taking time to do nothing. If possible, perhaps we could organise a session for our youth club?”
Thank You Peter and Maureen.
“I just wanted to say thank you to all involved in this fabulous day. How refreshing! Adrian was truly inspiring and Beth & I thoroughly enjoyed finding that inner peace.”
Thank you. Barbara
“I had a wonderful time at the Visio Divino day on Saturday. The day was very calming yet thought provoking and allowed me to look at things with a new perspective.”