Beyond Bridges and Balloons: Historic Clifton
Date: 12th November
Time: 1pm – 3pm
Location: Clifton Village Bristol
When we think of Clifton, we tend to think of The Downs and Brunel’s Suspension Bridge. But Clifton, and particular Clifton Village offers so much more.
In the days of lockdowns Adrian took the opportunity to explore and discover beyond the obvious and found Clifton is rich in not so well-known places, history, mystery and stories. On this photography tour we have the opportunity to photograph some of the area’s magnificent Georgian buildings, for those who wish to try some street photography as the village is a hub of activity and opportunities. As we walk Adrian will take us to and point out some lesser-known sites and history that might otherwise pass us by.
During our time Adrian will give the opportunity to photograph:
- Buildings to people, light and shadows, reflections and the quirky.
- Point out some of the lesser-known points of this part of Bristol giving the chance to photograph beyond the obvious
- Help with camera settings including ISO and White Balance.
- Experiment with composition and perspectives.
- This is a photography walk for all, whether using a smart phone, tablet or DSLR. Each offers an opportunity to photograph this incredible part of the city but moving beyond bridges and balloons. It is a chance, for those who need it, to rediscover that photographic mojo
NB: For those who wish to stay on, and at no extra cost Adrian will take us, subject to the whims of nature to the Promenade Clifton to photograph the magnificent Autumn colours.
Please Note: Book any 2 of Adrian’s courses at the same time and get a third £30 – £35 course for free. Just email for details.
Parking: Parking in Clifton can be more challenging. It is suggested either on street parking at the Promenade or use the Long Ashton Park and Ride (https://travelwest.info/park-ride/long-ashton-park-ride) and take the service 505.